Replace Title Certificate

A title certificate is a legal document that establishes a person or business as the legal owner of a vehicle. If your title is lost or damaged, you can use this transaction to order a replacement. Learn more about replacing a title certificate. Opens new window

Please Note:

Step 1 of 3:  Enter Information

Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).

Vehicle Type *
For vehicles (VIN), if a character appears to be the letter "I", enter the number "1". If a character appears to be the letter "O", enter the number zero (0). VINs vary in length from 11 to 17 characters. For a boat, a HIN can contain the letter "I" or "O" or "Q".
New York issues title certificates for vehicles with model year 1973 or newer, and for boats that are 14 feet or more in length with a model year of 1987 or newer. If your vehicle or boat has an older model year, it has no title certificate. Learn more about proofs of ownership for older vehicles and boats. Opens new window
Refer to the registration document or previous title certificate. Enter a maximum of 5-letters (for example: GMC, SAAB or CHEVR), or 4-letters separated by one slash mark (for example: HA/DA for Harley Davidson and ME/BE for Mercedes Benz).
Vehicle Owner *