Get Motor Vehicle Accident Reports
Use this transaction to search for and purchase a PDF to download of motorist and police reports associated with an accident (crash) case. The DMV keeps accident reports for 4 years from the date of an accident. Learn more about how to order or retrieve accident reports you already purchased online. Opens new window
- If the accident report was filed electronically by police, or occurred in one of the 5 boroughs of New York City, allow at least 14 days from the date of the accident.
- If a paper form was used by police to report the accident, allow at least 30 days from the date of the accident.
- If the accident report was filed by a motorist, regardless of where the accident occurred in NY State, allow at least 60 days from the date of the accident.
Step 1 of 7: Enter Information
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Receive Email / Text Reminders Opens new window
- Military Veteran Resources Opens new window
- Register to Vote Opens new window
- Register as an Organ Donor Opens new window